Skip to main content

Reply to "stuff is crap"

Although manctil sees everything in black and white s/he has a point - support is often Crap in my experience - I recently had a very sarcastic response which ended up in an apology when the support person actually grasped whet the problem was rather than what he assumed it was! Support recently sent me an email saying that I had an open case and that they were awaiting my input. Great, but wrong! On looking at the notes I had an acknowledgment of the problem and was told that it was being worked on. (It's still not working - it's the old 'works in USA but not in UK problem - the joys of living off-shore I guess!) Further back, some of the old hands will recall Support emailing all open cases, asking if they were still current, then, despite my response that they were, they closed them all. Amazingly they were nearly all Search related in my case.

I love Sara's response which amounts to "Strange, we have the same make of lightbulb here and it's working fine!" Aaaaargh!

Sara - manctil is saying, in between rants, that the searches should be withdrawn if they aren't working 100% as they detract from an otherwise great product. Perhaps you could pass this up to management rather than just keep it to yourself?!

R2 (lives and works off-shore in a small Island called UK)