Skip to main content

Reply to "Spoof gets smarter......"

quote:
Within the aggregate of all things there is a remaining space where numbers run out and cease to exist, which is 1/6 of 1 percent of the aggregate. Within this highly unstable portion we find answers for that which has gone amiss.

That's the thing about missing objects. You put 'em down exactly where you can find them again and you can't!

Moved a chest of drawers yesterday and what do I find? Half the things that have gone missing in this house since time began. What is really sad is finding that vital bit from a toy I should have mended two decades ago.

On that subject - have any of you still got a box with bits of broken toys that you should have mended before they left home and got married? I have - little legs from dolls house chairs, bits of play people, broken springs from trains that will no longer "chuff" around the sitting room floor and worst of all evidence of the family curse.

You don't have one? We do. My father helped me build three quarters of a plane that never flew and I have done the same for my son. A small model aircraft engine sits on a shelf in my shed - mute evidence of an incompetant model kit assembler - me!

I have promised my son, that when they have a child, I will bring a different present - a brand new model aircraft kit! He will then have approximately ten years to try and beat the curse!

Paul