Skip to main content

Reply to "So what's the deal with ebay's adult items?"

I don't know of any other bidding service that works in the mature audience of ebay other than AS.

For years, AS has worked smoothly in that area. About eight months ago, AS starting getting an intermittent problem when registering a snipe in the mature audience area. Sometimes the request takes. Other times the reply is that the item is not found. It then stays in a state where no items in the mature audience area are found. After some time (unknown and unpredictable), it changes state, and bids can be registered and the item is found. AS will then take a few more requests before hitting the item-not-found state again.

Sometimes it moves out of the item-not-found state within ten minutes. Sometimes it takes hours. I've had it take over ten requests smoothly before it hits the item-not-found state but mostly it's less than five.

The AS experience for registering snipes in the mature audience area is frustrating and not even close to the smooth experience AS gives for bidders in the rest of ebay.

I opened a support ticket on this a few months ago, and there was no progress made on getting it fixed.

Support said that the number of people using AS who bid in the mature audience area is too small for this problem to be important.

If a snipe for a mature audience item can be registered, AS is able to place the bid smoothly. I've never had any bids missed because the item is not found.

I've not found another tool that handles mature audience bids at all, so getting intermittent service is the best there is.

Does anyone know of alternatives for bidding in the mature audience area, and can say about how to find them? Posts here that refer to other sniping tools get removed, so if there are other options, post the answer in a way that is not direct so it does not get removed.