Skip to main content

Reply to "so umm what's up with AS now?"

I agree that they need a better way to alert people when this happens. If I were sitting at my computer reading the forums, chances are, I would already know the service was down from not being able to access My Snipes. I don't use AuctionSniper to bid for me so I can sit at my computer checking AS and Ebay anyway, I set those snipes so I can go off and do other things, far away from my computer Wink

What would really be nice would be text message alerts sent to my cell phone, or at least some kind of email (although a text message would get my attention MUCH quicker, and I bet that would apply to most everyone).

At the very least, I think users need to be compensated somehow for missed snipes and snipes that were placed way early. It doesn't seem right to pay for the service if it is sniping early, and I've had that cost me more money than my entire AuctionSniper balance... Even worse is when the snipe is not placed at all. Not only does this completely kill any trust that users have in the service, but it also can cost people priceless items that they really wanted. Saying to manually bid on items you really want is basically just like saying the service is unreliable and should not be trusted. I want every item I bid on, that's why I'm bidding Smile

I guess one solution would be to just use more than one sniping service so that you have two snipes being placed for every item. The downside is that you'd probably get charged by both services every time you won something. Better than not winning the item at all I guess.