Skip to main content

Reply to "SNIPING IS NOT FAIR!!!"

quote:
. . . is that our man set his top price and then whinged it was too much
whinge – “To persistently complain, in an irritating manner.” That word doesn’t seem to fit. Reviewing ydoc’s posts, I don’t see whinging, unless my whinge-o-meter is broken.

And, ydoc didn’t say “it was too much”, but said “More than I wanted to pay”. I must be seeing, or not seeing, something that is, or is isn’t, there. Seems like ydoc is a happy camper (versus a whinging camper), and would have been an even happier camper had it cost less – just like any buyer.

quote:
That would be like the widget screaming "no, I don't want you to buy me..."
Nope. It would be more like the buyer telling they widget seller that they want to pay less (even if they are willing to pay more). And, I don’t see where the opinion of the widget’s comes into play, assuming that the widget has an opinion, or that it would have the necessary anatomy to scream, let alone scream in English. It could be an Italian widget.

In case ydoc asks how/why the phrase, “More than I wanted to pay” could turn into a discussion about fairies and whinging, I’d have to respond with, “Beats the crap out of me!”

quote:
the 'babe' might just sober up in time and realise her mistake
I think there’s a slam in that statement. It’s something about the “sober up in time” and “realise her mistake”. Maybe I’m seeing something that isn’t there.

P.S. R2 and I “enjoy a good scrap!” – at times, even a bad one. Wink