Skip to main content

Reply to "Sniper Bid too early"

Mad I, too, have had two auctions sent in EARLY in the last 24 hours. I don't spend as much time on eBay as I used to & I've DEPENDED on AS to do its job, rather than me having to sit in front of a computer monitor. I used my 'Snipe It Now' on my toolbar for both of them, not realizing that it was immediately placing the bid, as it had FIVE seconds lead time put in! The first one, item 310087278517, ended today, 10/3, at 10:36:16. AS sent my bid in last night at 23:02:02!! I won this auction, but that's not the point. It, too, had a FIVE second lead time! The second, which I lost, was Item 2902636604978, ending today, 10/3, at 10:49:05 PM. AS sent my bid in at 10:48:25...again with a five second lead time, again using the toolbar link. The winning bid was sent in (which was $1 higher than mine) at 10:48:46. That time was after mine, she had time to 'see' what my bid was an outbid me by a $1!!! Don't tell me 17 seconds is not enough time to get a bid in, I've done it before. I'm just about to loose all faith in AS. Any ideas?
and puhleeze note, I'm not trying to be rude, but....I don't care what kind of drugs you are on or tea leaves you read...that's not what I'm here for! I want ANSWERS! WHY has AS gone to Mad in a hand basket all of a sudden? Should I file a complaint with them? Thanks so much!
MaryEllen