Skip to main content

Reply to "Sniper Bid too early"

There are DOZENS of sniping tools available (Google auction snipe software). Some are free, some are one-time purchase software programs that you run from your computer, some have a yearly fee, some have a per-snipe fee, and some have both.

AuctionSniper is the only one I've used (so I cannot comment on the others) but, based on the forums for some of the other providers, I suspect there will be "issues" with all of them. You need to decide which issues you're willing to live with:

If you use software that runs on your computer, you are at the mercy of the Internet and, if it's slow, or your computer locks up, your snipe might not get through.

If you choose a cheap/free service, and they have hardware or staffing problems, you might get what you paid for.

If reliability is most important, then you might end up paying more on occasion.

Me, I'd rather pay more than loose because most of what I bid on is one-of-a-kind.

If your goal is PURELY to win for less (we all snipe to improve our chances of winning for less) then running the software from your computer, where you have TOTAL control over when your snipe is placed (without an algorithm determining and compensating for Internet response time), might be the best solution for you.