Skip to main content

Reply to "Sniper Bid too early"

Hi, it is interesting to read all of your posts. I accepted what AS Support said to me which is firstly, there are risks to using snipe software - I have previously not had a bid registered as it didn't reach ebay in time, even though AS sent it.
Secondly, they have a system of gauging the amount of traffic on the internet, and on ebay servers, and snipe early when they fell that there is a likelyhood of delay, to avoid the first situation that I mentioned, and thirdly, they apologised several times. That is good enough for me. I have previously used a software snipe on my own computer, and that was not good because of the not too good internet connection that I have - missing several crucial bids. I shall carry on using AS where I am not available at the auction end time, and on speculative bids. Important or Must Have bids, I will still use them, as in that case I always bid way too high to ensure that
I get the item. Hopefully, the problem that I have just had will only occure once in every 50 bids - the ratio up to now, and I have to take on that risk myself. Thank you all for your interest, and I wish you well in your bidding.