Skip to main content

Reply to ""Snipe" one day early"

I feel I must come to the defence of AS.

I had a similar experience with a snipe placed three days early. Yes, it will cost me - if the "nibblers" get going, because I placed a bid for 2X the articles true worth, as I particularly wanted it!

Am I angry? Why should I be? AS are not privy to any of eBay's commercial secrets. EBay does what it wants when it wants. In this case disregarding the fact that many others use its api. Could they have given notification? Of course they could!

So vent your anger on eBay, not AS.

A moments thought by some of you, would have focused on the obvious. It is not in AS's commercial interests to have a glitch like this.

If you are on free snipes and complaining, I respectfully suggest you get a life!

If you are a long term customer, as some of you are, blowing a fuse when something happens is not the best way to make progess in life. AS have given a reasonable explanation and are generally extremely reliable. They now appear to have fixed the problem and apologised, so what more do you want?

Paul

P.S. I have just trawled the internet for verification. I know many of you say that the explanation given is fiction. It isn't

Major rival's news board:

"eBay made a few minor changes to the item and bid pages this afternoon that caused possible issues when scheduling a new snipe for some items"