Skip to main content

Reply to "Snipe not happening"

quote:
Originally posted by Shirley:
Mine's just the opposite -- I never believed the stories I heard about City government Jobs until I started this one. It's amazing how hard people fight to preserve their right to take two-hour lunches and five or six breaks a day, and spend the rest of their time browsing the internet or talking on the telephone.

I'm pretty much fed up, and just marking time until summer. Meanwhile, I'm afraid I'm falling into their rut... I started off as the one who finished her work in a matter of hours, and then started looking around for more stuff to do. Then I learned that you DON'T make friends that way...

When I do restaurant bookkeeping I find that their 8 hour day usually takes me 4. It's caused a lot of problems when I ask for a raise just to take me to where I'd be if I were a slacker Wink On the other hand, when I'm working in the dining room there's rarely time to be a slacker.

An (ex) friend of mine who works for an unnamed aerospace giant (start's with a 'B') used to tell me how she would clock in, sneak into an office in a restricted area and read books for hours. She'd often complain that the $17 an hour they were paying her to change light bulbs wasn't nearly enough!

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'