Skip to main content

Reply to "Snipe Did Not Happen, no explaination in sniper email"

Apparently, eBay and their auctionsniper are not in sync. If you change your eBay password for any reason (and you should do this regularly for security purposes), then you must also go to AuctionSniper and change your password from the old eBay one to the new eBay one, otherwise auction sniper cannot place your snipe.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to do this, but it was worth it. Just click on Modify my Account at the top of the Auction Sniper page, and then change your password to the one you are currently using with eBay.

You don't need to be a brain surgeon to do this, just a desperate eBayer who does not want to miss out on any more snipes because of eBay's weird ways of operating Big Grin

Mad

My snipe was not placed because eBay stated that my username and password were invalid.

"Either the User ID "Katriona5" is not a registered eBay user, or the Password is incorrect. Please go back and try again. Make sure you are not entering a blank space before, after, or inside the User ID or Password.
Remember your User ID but not your password? Access your Password Hint, if you have one, and create a new password.

If you are not a registered eBay user, you can proceed to our Free registration page to become a registered eBay user."

I have been an eBay member for several years,but a couple of days ago I changed my password (for security reasons, and apparently eBay and auctionsniper are not on the same page when it comes to this. I still do not know if auctionsniper will place my snipes sometime around midnight tonight, although it does say it is "Ready" to do so... which is exacly what it said about the "non-snipe" earlier this afternoon.
Does anyone have an answer to this problem? If so, I would be very grateful it you would share it with me. Mad

[This message was edited by Katriona5 on August 24, 2003 at 01:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by Katriona5 on August 24, 2003 at 01:28 PM.]
Last edited {1}