Skip to main content

Reply to "Snipe Did Not Happen, no explaination in sniper email"

Perhaps this is what affected our bids??? Confused
I saw this on a news site this morning:

"EBay Blacks Out for Three Hours

Email this Story

Aug 21, 5:56 PM (ET)

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - A power outage at a Web hosting facility caused a three-hour shutdown of the Web site of eBay, the online auction company said Thursday.

The shutdown between 8:55 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Wednesday was eBay's first complete blackout in about two years and affected an unknown number of bids, said company spokesman Kevin Pursglove.

The online giant handles about 7 million bids a day.

A roughly 10 minute-long power outage at a Qwest Communications facility in Santa Clara, one of several computing plants eBay uses to run its Web site, triggered the blackout. It forced eBay to reboot its systems, a process that usually takes about two hours, Pursglove said.

The company plans to credit listing fees for affected sellers. Bids that were scheduled to end at the time of the blackout have already been extended 24 hours, Pursglove said.

Shares of eBay rose $2.24 to close Thursday at $112.60 on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

---

On the Net:

http://www.ebay.com "

The article said that the shut down happened Wednesday, but my auction that I was sniping ended on Thursday, August 21st, so I don't know if this affected anything or not...

(I do know that when I went back and checked the item on Ebay that I was sniping, that no bids had been placed at all on that particular item.)
Last edited {1}