Skip to main content

Reply to "Silly Question"

quote:
That said, since so few of the people use it, I do think it upsets bidders in the eBay commmunity, and although AS would not appreciate knowing this, I am not ashamed to say that I often close my auctions 2-3 minutes early to avoid those little snipers that take something away from someone that has been bidding for days on my product.

I am not really understanding the logic behind this. I mean I understand (kinda) that you are looking after the bidders that plodded along upping your selling price for days....but what about the poor bugger that only jumps on ebay once a week and happens to notice your item that he really wants in the last 2 minutes of your auction. Are you being fair to him by ending your auction early??

Anyways - I would never end an auction early to get LESS for my item, thats against everything that sellers want (in my opinion).

The end result is, if your proxy bidders enter the MAX they are willing to pay for your item, they shouldnt be disappointed at all that a sniper came along and beat them. They should be laughing that the sniper paid too much for their win.

Also, if you listen to Sara, AS has thousands of members, so there are alot more snipers out there than you think Smile