Skip to main content

Reply to "Silly Question"

In theory, it should not make it sell for more, however if everyone used AS, it would drop temporarily., But then in the future, it would become a sealed bid kind of atmosphere. I am split on this, I use AS, however, I place a bid for the max I would pay, should it go up higher, then congrats to the other person, should another AS get in higher, good for them, cause I would not have raised my bid to beat them. That said, since so few of the people use it, I do think it upsets bidders in the eBay commmunity, and although AS would not appreciate knowing this, I am not ashamed to say that I often close my auctions 2-3 minutes early to avoid those little snipers that take something away from someone that has been bidding for days on my product. If I see someone continually bidding, I will help them get the item and not let it be taken away by someone being cheap and using an autobid program. But until a majority are using the program and it becomes more of a sealed bid process, I will continue to do this in my auctions.