Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellers removing their product"

In that crazy scenario that is a tough call. Although I wouldn't have much sympathy for someone who would make that big of a mistake. After listing all of my auctions, I double check every single one for correct prices, item descriptions, correct pictures, etc etc. If the seller catches it...in lets say 1-2 days into the auction, I would understand since it is an expensive item, but he would have to immediately relist it correctly to show some kind of integrity. The ones who end their auctions with about 1 hour or less to go is obviously deliberately breaking ebay rules and are doing this b/c they are unhappy with the final price and should be discarded like the scum they are.

About new ebay users...that argument is true, but I deal only with high grade vintage comics and it seems to have the same exact people bidding on the same exact material. This community of ebay is small compared to ebay as a whole. For example there are two sellers who are notorious for ending auctions with no reserve and their names have been smeared all over comic forums for other comic collectors to view. In the case of High grade comic material, bad selling practices do catch up with sellers fast, but if they sell a variety of items and basically your plain ol' garage junk then it wouldn't make much of a difference. The word of mouth is very powerful and is usually underestimated.

[This message was edited by Rickdogg on December 13, 2002 at 07:30 PM.]
Last edited {1}