Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellers: List your Shipping Fees!!"

I spend about an hour a day writing sellers asking "total shipping costs including insurance" to my zip code because I have been what I consider unfairly charged for "handling" on far too many occasions.

Just recently, I paid a $2.50 Handling charge, for a video tape AND $1.10 insurance, and the handling charge did not even include proper packaging (video mailed out wrapped in a piece of paper), not was it insured.

I was not aware I was paying a $2.50 handling fee, as the shipping fee stated in the auction was the usual Priority mail fee+ about .50. That is what I get for assuming! The seller spent a little over $1 to mail the tape.

I do not mind paying some type of handling fee (well, I lie, I hate paying any handling fee, but can tolerate .50-$1), but for the fee, my item darn well better be packaged correctly, and darn well better have the insurance that I paid for stamped on it.

I did leave a neutral, and will expect one in retaliation, but I do not care. I wrote to her explaining I realized it was just a $1.10, but I wanted it back as she chose not to insure the item. She never bothered to write back.

This is what I left:

Neutral : Pd4 insur,didn't get,$2.50 handling
4 video-mailed wrapped in paper,not protected.

ALSO....Big problem of late..Sellers thinking that "insurance" is a good enough reason to not worry about packing. I have had two items arrive broken that there is NO way the USPS is going to pay off on those items. I am currently out over $200 for the two items because the sellers say, "Oh, you need to handle it at your end, and they will send you the check". Well, my guess is by the time I get a notice saying the USPS is not paying, there will be no way to get my money back from the sellers, as there there be no record on eBay.

I am not a new buyer, and have been on eBay for years, but this has been the most frustrating year ever.

http://shetlandsheepdogs.org/brat/index.html