Skip to main content

Reply to "Seller Won't"

Here's some additional thoughts regarding this topic - that dealing with anxiety. Maybe others have found themselves in the situation where they aren't concerned about "getting their pound of flesh" (eye for an eye), but just wanting to know if this is going to be a go or no-go. "I'm out here and I just want someone to tell me things are OK - OK?" "I don't mind walking away, just tell me its OK to walk away - OK?" Ebay can be very uncertain - no personal exchange; no eye contact; no body language; is this person my neighbor or someone from Mars? Added to all that is - WHAT DO THEY THINK OF SNIPERS?

In the past, my anxiety has stemmed from uncertainty - "Seller, just tell me to go away and I will". About the only good thing in leaving a neg is that I have closure (once they've retaliated). But, at least I can get on with my life, or at least not stress over what to do about this seller.

If the problem is just happening to me, I feel more anxious. If it's something that's happening to everyone, then I don't feel so bad. For some reason, when ever the power goes out, I always feel better knowing that it's not just happening to me but that my neighbors are down as well. Misery loves company?

If this happens to anyone else, here's some ideas to see if the seller is ignoring just you (seller has a problem with you) or everyone (seller has a problem with everyone). There's a couple of things you can check on to help determine if the seller is accessing their computer, thus accessing their email:
1) Have they left feedback for someone since you emailed them?
2) Have they listed new items since you emailed them?
3) Have they placed proxy bids (snipes can be automated) since you emailed them?
4) Has anyone left them feedback on items for auctions that closed since you emailed them?
I'm not a seller, so I can't be certain about 1 and 2.

"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." - Oscar Wilde