Skip to main content

Reply to "See you later!"

quote:

These meetings have their own currency, used for the bar and trade stands: this ensures that we get our cut out of this. We were in the finance team, so had to count thousands of little blue coins, and sell them for sterling in the kiosks. Big Grin

That sounds like a really good idea.

The Falcon club has shows with just Falcons too, but I've never been to one. The 1967 hasn't been showable since the door was damaged when it fell backwards off the rack during an oil change at a service station several years ago, and the 1966 still needs a lot of work. The car shows that I've been to have all been the ones for all makes and models of older cars.

A few years ago somebody entered a 1937 Duesenberg. I don't know if it was a real one or some kind of a kit, but it was beautiful. He spent all morning yelling at people to stay away from his car and left early because he got so angry at people who wanted to look. I managed to take some pictures before being chased off. If you're interested, I can post them.

I'd rather have a car that's nice enough to show but not too perfect to take out and drive and enjoy. It looks like you had a lot of fun type cars at your meeting. Are you planning to go to the one in Sweden?