Skip to main content

Reply to "Revise "Ready" Message on Sniper Status Report"

Ah, just as I thought. First thing I looked for was the date and time of the auction:

"Jul-20-03 19:30:00 PDT"

Snipers have been cautioned repeatedly in this Forum about the lead time for bids in auctions ending on Sunday, particularly Sunday evening, and most particularly on the even hour, half-hour, or quarter-hour (XX:00:00, XX:30:00, XX:15:00, and XX:45:00). I don't know what lead time you set for your snipe, Randy, but it wasn't enough. Your bid was submitted by AS, all right, but it was never accepted -- registered -- by eBay because there are simply too many auctions ending at those times for eBay's servers to handle. A minimum 15-second lead time is recommended for any such auction, and 20 seconds or more for such an auction ending on a Sunday night. Any less lead time and you run a substantial risk of having your bid received by eBay after the auction ends. The eBay clock waits for no man, not even a bidder. Frown

Forewarned is forearmed (or eight-armed if you're an octopus). Better luck next time! Wink