Skip to main content

Reply to "Review of Lead Times"

Region2, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but if the faq says that the bid will be placed exactly when the bidder asks, where does AS come off changing the bid time simply for the fact that it is Sunday night? It's deceptive advertising to promise one thing and deliver another.

I read the faq about lead times and changed my original 2 second lead to 5 seconds because there was a warning about having it too close to the auction end if the servers were busy. When I checked my snipe settings, it said 5 second lead. I expected AS to execute the bid at 5 seconds before auction end. If the server was busy and I missed it, so be it. That was my fault. But to have AS arbitrarily decide that 2 minutes was a better lead time than 5 seconds, when I had asked for 5 seconds, is unfair. If this hadn't been a free trial, I would protest their asking me to pay for their "service." They did me a disservice. I would have saved money by doing my own bidding. This was a test for me. AS failed. Why does AS think they can simply change my lead time without notifying me beforehand and giving me the chance to agree to the change or to cancel the snipe? That would have been the honest thing to do.