Skip to main content

Reply to "Public privates!"

Is it an irony that Chatter’s post starts with a discussion about attention spans, but ends with an apology about the length of the post?

Even on this forum, I’ve learned to shorten posts, or they won’t get read. Perhaps that’s an example of dummying-down. That wasn’t always the case on this forum.

“People began to develop product loyality and became increasingly susceptible to media manipulation.” It’s spooky if one applies that to political campaigns.

Strange that books seem to be getting shorter, while sporting events and political champagnes are getting longer.

I suspect that with today’s technology that literacy and math skills are no longer needed to make a successful contribution to society.

As was stated, these issues could be the results of prosperity. Wealthy societies have a different mentally than poor ones. Wealthy societies can afford to be altruistic.

I think life expectancy is the best measurement of how a society is doing. Since that is increasing, I’m with the glass-is-half-full group.

Did you know? Humanity (oxymoron) killed off 100 million of it’s own humanity in 20th century in wars?

“One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic.” Joseph Stalin