Skip to main content

Reply to "Public privates!"

Christine,

Was it a good storm or a bad storm, or are those synonyms?

quote:
When we got to high school we went to separate schools.
The hormonal years?

quote:
Of course, that didn't stop the guys from showing up at our high school every day after classes were over
Definitely hormonal years.

quote:
Yes, it's a great place to look for books, but it's unfortunate that people would fail to see their value and just get rid of them.
Lucky you. Sure wish I could find those kinds of people. I can understand a customer not realizing the value, but I’m surprised the book dealer doesn’t. But, this is the Goodwill, so they want to create good will. Sounds like Goodwill needs to sell on ebay, but then they would be called Goodprofit. It just wouldn’t be the same to have people standing outside stores ringing a bell (imagine the hearing damage to the bell-ringer, let alone second-hand damage, and would Quasimodo be able to file for Workman’s Comp or start a class action case?) during Christmas holidays that were from “Goodprofit”. I wonder if those bell-ring kiosks take credit cards or Paypal? If you give them a $100 bill, do you think they check it with one of those felt-pens to see if it’s counterfeit? If you give them a $100 bill, do you think Goodwill would ever see the bell-ringer and his pot again? If you give them a check, do they require two forms of ID?

Have you seen 84 Charing Cross Road?