Skip to main content

Reply to "Public privates!"

Hi Rick and Mrs. M.,

I was surprised and saddened by the number of parents who were apathetic about what their kids did or didn't learn in school. We had some good parents who cared and made sure their kids came to school with their work finished and ready to learn. They were wonderful and their kids did well. Unfortunately, they were in the minority. We also had to deal with drugs, truancy, and violence.

I renewed my teaching certificate this summer just in case, but hope never to have to go back into that career field. A lot of the good teachers that I knew burned out and left. On the application for renewing my license there was a section for checking off hair color. There were blanks for pink and purple. How many teachers have you ever seen with pink or purple hair???

LOL, I feel the same way about nice leather bound books. It's sooo much nicer to hold the world's best literature in your hands in the finest binding available. An old paperback doesn't even compare. I've never understood why someone would want to buy fine books and put them on the shelf just to look good and never read them. That would be like buying a fine car to let it sit in the driveway. They do look good on the shelf, but that's only an added bonus.

If they had electronic ways of writing maybe the great authors of the past would have been able to write more books or maybe if they knew they could turn out a greater volume they might have put less thought and effort into each one. Who knows?

Hey, if we're gonna do a movie, do you think we could get J Lo or some other glamorous star to play my part? Razz
Last edited by falcongal