Skip to main content

Reply to "Private Messaging Disable?"

Sara posted:
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm with Lexie on this one. 9 uses in 3 months??? While I've cut back on my private messaging, I think I've done more than that just myself!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The private topics report shows you created 0 topics in the past 3 months. Did you create any or only join ones invited by others?
I've only ever created a couple private topics, all now inactive. One (Linda & the Lamp) had HUNDREDS of posts before it finally fizzled. I participated in 2 other private topics fairly regularly. I didn't realize your measure of the utilization of the feature is the number of private topics CREATED rather than the number of POSTS MADE to existing private topics.
quote:
Perhaps if you create them, then later close them the system deletes them.
Yes, I think that's how it worked. The originator has (had) to delete topics.
quote:
Don't know, don't care, doesn't matter.
Yep.
quote:
I was merely trying to point out it wasnt a widely used feature and now I basically get called a liar
Nope -- your words, no one else's -- but if the shoe fits! If your usuage figures refer to only topics CREATED, I think I could buy that, but if your figures are supposed to represent number of posts made to private topics (a better utilization measurement of the feature, IMO) -- NO WAY!

Why wouldn't AS notify forum users of private messaging issues? What private topics issues were causing AS to consider shutting the feature down, before actually doing it? What's wrong with giving forum members a say on the matter -- perhaps using that forum POLL feature that hardly EVER gets used, yet is still available?

This whole thing was handled rather ham-handedly, I think.