Skip to main content

Reply to "posted delay times"

quote:
If cable’s snipe had not been placed as early (or had been placed a few seconds later), then when kao’s $21.86 bid was placed, kao would have received a message stating they were the high bidder at $18.50 (trap’s $18 + $.50 increment). Instead, when kao’s bid was placed, they were immediately (like right away and they didn’t even have to have another window open refreshing like a crazy person “without a life”) told they were NOT the high bidder. SO, kao not being a particularly quick-witted person, AND not all that dexterous, AND perhaps with a slow Internet connection, took around 30 seconds to decide how much to bid and to key in the bid and then a handful of tic-tocks for the bid to be recorded by ebay.

This would be exactly what happened.

quote:
Still cablejelly8 won for less than or equal to their max so no reason to complain!

Gonna have to disagree with you there R2. Yes, I got the card for less than my max "what would have been a proxy" bid. That's just the point though. AS turned my snipe into a proxy bid when it fired 54 seconds earlier than scheduled (see above description). This isn't a huge complaint but here it is: "I paid roughly $5 more for this card PLUS the cost of the snipe." (cost could be either the monitary fee or getting burned on a free snipe. the point is it cost something to essentially place a proxy bid for me)