Skip to main content

Reply to "Postage and Handling Rip Off?"

To save others the bother of looking it up, I repeat it here because I think you have given him or her a classic "put down". Well Done!

quote:
Q: Do you not believe this should go to the dump? It is dangerous, and is in extremely bad condition. Get rid of it!

A: What a bad mannered, self opinionated, interfering know-it-all you are! First it isn't dangerous! The holes in the bed are about 5 mm across and can be repaired by supertramp. The bottom of the legs are replaceable (again by supertramp) And the stitching is a simple job for anyone with a bit of skill with a needle and thread. Second to take something like this to the dump is irresponsible bordering on criminal. The man made parts (bed, pads, filling and ties) are non biodegradable and would sit in a landfill for the foreseeable future. You obviously don’t believe in recycling and are quite likely to be someone who doesn't care about the world that we all have to live in. Take care of your own petty bitching little life and leave me alone!

As to postage, I think you have got to consider the fact that sellers who post high packing charges get less response to their items. I have just looked at a small lens in Luxembourg and he wants $22 for postage. After a brief exchange of emails, he simply said his Postal service was expensive. Consequently I'll not be bidding.

As long as you are fair, I don't think people mind and will pay for a good packing job. Taking a special round trip to the Supermarket would appear not to be in the "fair category" if you are trying to charge it out on a cost per mile basis!

Immediately I would say, if you know you are going to sell things shortly, collect the boxes with your shopping!

However, if you said to me, "I buy boxes in and charge them out at cost to ensure that your parcel arrives safely", thats a completely different matter.

You can buy boxes in quite economically (flat packed) in small quantities from suppliers and these + loads of bubble wrap indicate you are making a charge for a professional service. I resent it when people charge excessively for packing and it arrives in the free supermarket box!