Skip to main content

Reply to "Postage and Handling Rip Off?"

Hi Guys, I have a bit of a dilemma after reading all of the comments on post and packing and "reasonable" charges and I am looking for a bit of advice from them what knows. (And at this point I must offer my thanks to Rick and his drunken dog whose name I think was Betty Ford for there help with my last little problem)
I live in a little village out in the sticks and we don’t have a post office or village shop or a bus service, so when it comes to post and packing I have to drive 5 miles to the local supermarket and relieve them of some of there cardboard boxes, return home package it up using old newspaper as a packer to stop the item rattling about inside the box, Then comes the packing tape ( I had to pay for this) then its back in the car and off in the opposite direction from the supermarket to the post office in the next village and pay the post office to take over the delivery process.
So my question is how much is it worth for all my time, fuel costs, tape, string, brown paper etc etc (well you get the idea)
Do I charge my time and effort at minimum wage plus 25 pence per mile or should I just give it all for free.
I am not being facetious because I am also peeved about post and packing (the hardest one to swallow was a charge of £4.00 for the delivery of an e-book…. Duhhh!)
I am now standing in front of my pc with a large bucket ready to catch the hordes of replies that I am expecting
Steve

Ps I have had the most outrageous question on something I was selling and if you would like to have a look please peep at item number 7162745143 on ebay.co.uk