Skip to main content

Reply to "PayPal, what's it good for?"

OK.. I know this is a stale post but I have only been a member for a week and want to add my imput.. lol

I LIKE PAYPAL!

There, I said it.. Smile

I have multiple selling profiles, and one buying profile. I have my buying account as my primary. Whenever I send money, my buying account is shown in the 'from' line. BUT, I can accept payments from my other email addresses! It all goes into the same account! Yippie! So the money I make on eBay can be spent just as fast on eBay... LOL The only downside is when I have to issue a refund my buying email address is in the from line on that email..

I have had no trouble with Paypal like some horror stories I have heard and have been using it for around 2 years. While e-checks do take a couple days to clear, the rest of the payments via paypal are instant! I can spend it that minute, or use my debit card to withdraw that money at an ATM or as cash back at the grocery store.

I still never would go solo with Paypal. I still accept Money Orders or good ol CASH. (Most people overlook that option.. just say that they send it at their own risk) I HATE CHECKS! You can never be sure if they are good so you have to wait. And if they take a while to clear, the buyer gets pissed at YOU for the delay. Most people ship after 14 days of deposit, but that is not always good enough. My dad had a check bounce on day 23!.. I don't know about others, but I can not afford to take the risk of a $30 NSF fee from my bank after already sending the item out!