Skip to main content

Reply to "Password Problem?"

EBay is very inconsistent with their stand on "banned" items. I collect (and shoot) muzzle-loading weapons. A year or so ago eBay decided they weren't going to sell firearms any longer, probably because they really had no control over who was buying what and which Federal law was being violated. Couldn't really blame them. But the muzzle-loaders continued to be offered until a few months ago. Then they, too went off eBay accompanied by some legal folderol about eBay not selling anything that could propel a projectile that could harm anything or anyone. But they were still allowing bows and arrows and even crossbows. Then they banned crossbows, sort of. Enforcement of the ban was and is strictly hit or miss, mostly miss. Same thing with muzzle-loaders. Then sellers came up with the idea of taking the muzzle-loaders apart and selling the pieces separately, since nothing could be propelled until the whole thing was put together. But today I just received, by US Priority Mail, a perfectly functional .50 caliber muzzle-loading rifle that I bought, all in one piece in one auction, on eBay last week. Go figure. Confused

I'll bet someone tries the same dodge with gin traps: sell one jaw at a time or something like that. In fact, Traps, you might want to start circulating that idea. Big Grin