Skip to main content

Reply to "Only bid if there is already a bid option...."

Hello Rosetsu:

It seems like after a long hiatus we are returning to some semblance of real discussion.

I am not sure that I understand what your case is that is "an item is offered for less than I am
prepared to pay, I don't expect to buy it even cheaper". For me if I see something that is offered
for less than I am prepared to pay I would just bid (or snipe) on it. I guess the only time that
I would wait on a relist in this case would be if I noticed that many articles of this type or by
this seller got relisted for less when not sold. Then I might I guess try to "buy it even cheaper" especially
if only marginally cared about the article. However, This is not the case in the particular auction
which ends today that I am interested in. I thought the original $150.00 was too much and in this case I think
that the current $120.00 is too much and I don't think this item will be relisted less because of my analysis of
the behaviour of this seller over more than a few years.

I agree with your statement that I have also seen items which originally did not sell sell for more than the
original price when relisted. And I also like Puppys suggestion and your amendment to that suggestion of
buying on the QT and your way of doing it more within the Ebay rules. Thanks Rosetsu......

Now a little bit of discussion and a harangue. I need a spelling checker here and I am lazy. My expertise is in
Chinese art but I would say without reserveration that every piece of Chinese art (painting) (except by perhaps bad luck for the seller) sold that is supposed to be anything at all (I mean by somebody known) is a fake. In the normal
auction world Sothebys and Christies the number of good paintings is poor and on ebay it is non-existent. The paintings
which are done by Chinese (nobodies) are terrible. In contrast there are not many Japanese paintings sold that are
by known people. And the paintings range from poor to fair to not bad. In the case here that is the example for my
discussion this is a japanese painting by someone known. Probably with a 50% chance of being a fake. Therefore I
cannot really pay much for something I cannot examine in person. Thanks for your patience in reading this.
Love
to all sniper(ette)s.

It is really the way to buy. I cannot think of scenario where sniping does not assure you the
best price (except for a the rare missed snipe) and protects you against impulse buying.