Skip to main content

Reply to "Not Getting Enough"

Thanks Puppy knew It was In There
Thanks Shirley- kind thought
Thanks Mrs M: just saw the this big and cry baby - think I'll make another dozen stationary notes for my neighbor who sends me food.. Not much I can send her she was a diner cook for 40 years. She is going to will me her Rice Pudding recipe - its a killer - truckers drove off the interstate to get some - all day long...Oh hell,.....(a short One)
Every night Ida cooked a GIANT Turkey in a brown Paper grocery bag. You got 4 big slices, A mountain of mashed Potatoes with a Pile of dressing (cranberries on the side)
smothered in Dark Rich Giblet Gravy & a can of Beans or Corn. OMG what a platter feast - same price $7 two for $15 with the second a takeout. When the Turkey was gone she put the Carcas in the stock pot and closed for the day. Stuffed another turkey then went home. She Put two kids thru college... . The state closed her in court...She always had rigs parked half off the road -eatin turkey.and lappin up gravy..
Her place was a Log Cabin with no sign or name..
Her place was called just Ida's and had 6 stools - Truckers headed North on Rt 17 to Canada would start talkin about Ida's Gravy or Rice Puddin WITH FRESH GROUND CINNEMON on the cb chat.. (with 1/4 lb of butter and half a loaf of bread) On a giant Turkey Platter) After 1/2 hr of talkin Turkey.......
off the Interstate they came . (your right Shirley I can't do it in 12) ..... mory
Last edited {1}