Skip to main content

Reply to "No Snipe Placed"

Well, as a software developer I know this kind of answer. However, I don't agree with this dismissal. Clutter the interface is always an issue. If clutter free was the highest goal you would have a pretty interface and no customers. Obviously you want both.

I think the 5 second issue is only an issue because there is so much talk about getting a bid into eBay in 5 seconds. Great marketing but false marketing if your are adjusting the bid times. No one would have this discussion if a reasonable minimum time is chosen. I never really believed I could cut it that close.

I’m not opposed to monitoring eBay’s performance and adjusting times as long as it is a good technology and very reliable. If it isn’t, the user has to decide how much risk to take.

Of course, this could be taken one step further. Why should I enter anything but 0 seconds if AS is deciding how early to bid for me?

Just a competing view. I’m not trying to argue. I’m VERY pleased with AS. Since I’m strategic bidder, I like to know what’s going on. I’m content with the way things are. I figure I can be a more effective bidder if I know how my bidding tool (power tool?) works.
Last edited {1}