Skip to main content

Reply to "No Snipe Placed"

quote:
Originally posted by sniperhippo:
easy to have a 'snipe wizard' check box to enable a default AS adjustment as they see fit on the fly

The following were two posts left by forum members:

"However, I find no loss in having this feature for those that want to control the snipe time. It could be activated with a checkbox selection that disclaims any performance guarantee. Basically, I want to be able to ensure that a bid DOES NOT get placed more ten or so seconds from the end. ... I would like that lead control feature or some type of limiting control for a sniping service (like Do Not Snipe More Than xx number of seconds prior)." - tjway

"That kind of a check box option seems like a great solution, Sara. It could be a perfect compromise: dealing pretty well with the occasional complaints you receive about AS placing bids too early, as well as letting the current system continue to work well for those of us who are more concerned that each of our bids be definitely placed before the end of an auction. Could it work for AS as well?" - Maxine

This was posted by Sniper Sara B. (AS support) on 4/09/03 at 3:27 PM:
another box would clutter the interface, and be unclear to new users as to why it's needed.

in addition most people would just check it, then get totally pissed when their snipe got to eBay late. Through no fault of ours.

Believe me. Most snipes of less than 5 seconds do not make it on time in auctions where our system bids early. Checking that box would just end up with us missing upwards of 200 snipes a day and we'd have another 200 people in here complaining each night.

Hope that helps. Wink
Last edited {1}