Skip to main content

Reply to "NO LONGER TRUST AUCTIONSNIPER"

Anyway guys. I just had a quick chat with Mohit (eBay support only - I'm not going to talk this s#!t up unnecessarily), and here is our conversation:

ebay Live help
Chat

painfull9:
Clarification of allowed sniping practices via 3rd party applications.

Mohit :
Welcome to eBay Australia Live Chat! My name is Mohit. May I start by asking your full name OR May I know your name please?

painfull9 :
painful9

painfull9 :
I would just like to clarify if eBay can / does block sniping bids that are actioned / placed by 3rd party applications such as auctionsniper.com

Mohit :
AS I understand you want to cancel or retrract the bid you have on the Item?

painfull9 :
Excuse me?

painfull9 :
Please read the topic of this chat, and my question above. I believe you have me confused with someone else.

Mohit :
We sometimes refer to last-minute bidding as "sniping."� We don't recommend sniping, but we also don't prohibit it.� Every listing on the site has an exact ending time, and many bidders place their bids at the very last minute in an attempt to win the item.

Mohit :
There are 3rd party programs that some members use to place a last-minute bid automatically.� However, we don't recommend any of these sniping programs since they are not official eBay tools.

Mohit :
Last-minute bidding�is not the surest way to bid. If there's a delay with the�your Internet connection or local network, or if�you have misjudged the end time of the listing,�your bid may end up being submitted too late to be accepted.

painfull9 :
Thank you Mohit for the Copy and Paste from the FAQ. I am asking you if eBay can block a snipe? I understand all of the rhetoric in the FAQ. I would like to know what actually happens? What policy and procedure does eBay employ? Is eBay blocking sites like AuctionSniper.com?

Mohit :
I am sorry about this, I would like to Inform you we do not block this is the third party , The Issue might be from the third party bidding tools as We don't provide support for issues that come up with third party bidding tools.� You'll need to contact the company you got the tool from.

Mohit :
There might be buyer requirements on the listing. If you don't meet them, your bid won't go through.�I suggest you check the site

Mohit :
Contact the seller if you still need more information.

painfull9 :
Ok, thank you. That's all for now. Goodbye Mohit.