Skip to main content

Reply to "Newbie questions... help?"

Whew! See what happens--I stop horsing around to work for a couple of days, and everybody starts chattering!

Mrs. M: Thank you for the welcome. Doubt that I'll be a frequent poster (too, too many irons on the barbie), but from time to time I'll behave like an outrageous old woman. Which is what I am. So it's appropriate. And I started doing it early that my sons are already used to it. Wink

Rick: Off-the-wall folks are generally the world's best. I actually own a listserv that I founded because those of us who were off the wall (and several other planes) were vociferously unappreciated by the boring, staidly on-topic types with all the spontaneity of bricks. Anyway, I love those little roll-ie eyed images. Roll Eyes

Bartelby: Well, of *course* I put "ie" on the ends of things. Doesn't *everyone*?? It's the best way there is to create technical terms in situations where knowledge lags behind experience. And, as a certified wordsmith, I have a piece of paper that allows me to make up words. Therefore, those dealies that let you carry your phone from room to room, the thingies that hang from the doorpost, and the foodies that hang around the dog-cuisine bin about this time of night. !!

Off to an election party. One must hope heavy drinking will not be required.