Skip to main content

Reply to "Newbie burned by BS Power Seller"

Thanks for your assist, Puppy Raiser.

My post was to warn other snipers of a potential eBay issue with last second seller cancellations.

This auction identified a possible bug in the eBay system which allows a state conflict (won/cancelled) to occur.

eBay auction listing status:
1) all the bids are cancelled in the bid history
2) "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."
3) "Congratulations! You won the item!"
4) "Winning Bid" is the initial listing price, not the highest winning bid price.

If that ain't enough, the auction is listed in both My eBay and My Snipes as a “Won” Item. The item remains unpaid because I was unable to resolve the settlement terms with the seller on highly perishable concert tickets.

We exchanged emails, eBay filings, and NFB. The PS went so far as to initiate litigation before we agreed to mutually withdraw NFB. Not really interested in spending my time and $$$ in court fighting a PS, eBay, et al on what should have been an enjoyable concert evening.

Only eBay has access to the transaction logs to fully assess the nature and impact of this issue. It could be an isolated event or it could be much worse.

Aim Often....Bid Once Cool