Skip to main content

Reply to "New Selling Strategy?"

OK, we all know about the Sunday night, quarter of the hour eBay traffic congestion. I didn't fully understand why all the sellers insisted on scheduling their auctions to end on the quarter hours during these high traffic times, Confused UNTIL....

I was going to schedule an auction of my own, for the first time. I wanted it to end Sunday night at 7:08 pm (taking puppy's suggestion). So when I got to the scheduling section on ebay, it isn't a "fill-in-the-blank" value, it is a click from a drop-down menu. And the drop-down list is only quarter hour times!

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! NOW I understand!!!! Roll Eyes All these sellers are using the scheduling feature in eBay so their auctions ended during the high traffic times (Sunday night), but are FORCED to select a quarter-hour end time.

Now, are there any listing programs out there (separate from eBay) that allows you to enter & setup an auction that you can schedule to be submitted to eBay on a specific date at a specific non-quarter-hour, such as 7:08 pm or 7:22 pm? Of course, I would want it to be FREE or cheap! Wink

I still think Puppy's suggestion of targeting in between times might be a good strategy. Smile

Jabbergah Cool