Skip to main content

Reply to "New Compare Feature"

quote:
Originally posted by Puppy Raiser:
I don't use reserves to sell because many won't bid till after the reserve is met.

One could argue it's always a guessing game... since you don't know if you've won till after auction end. You should bid the same whether there is a reserve or not. Enter your max, and maybe you'll win.

Go ahead, bid... you can sometimes get a great deal by bidding on an auction that others avoid.

Gee, Puppy, I thought bidders never know on ANY auction whether or not they have won, until it is over! <duck>

I can see the sellers' point that some people will not bid on an auction, until the reserve is met. But from a buyer's point, it makes no difference to me. I still set my snipe and wait until it is over. If I win, I win; if I do not, it is because I was not willing to pay more, same as always. The fact that the seller decided on a minimum amount does not affect my bidding process. As a sniper, I have to wait until the end of the auction, in any event.

I do know from prior experience that many sellers will disclose their reserve amounts if you just ask them. Can't hurt to ask.