Skip to main content

Reply to "Negative Seller Reaction"

Wouldn't it be funny if all the buyers in the auction got emails from AS to join?

It's too bad people get offended by a bid on their auction. I wonder if those same people would throw a fit in a "live" auction house when a bidder is on the phone with a "secret" buyer and that buyer beats them quite handily.

I don't see much difference other than the fact eBay has a time limit on their bidding. Everyone has a fair shot at bidding and all AS does is hide your interest until you are ready to bid. AS places your high bid seconds before the auction closes and anyone can place a bid for a higher amount just before or just after your bid.

The bottom line is the auction item is going to sel for what it is going to sell for and that's all. I can tell you how many times I've been beat by higher bidders just minutes before because they are caught in "auction fever" and run the price up over retail for a new item, but I won't, because it would just take too long.

AS is a way of making things even. Tell your friends about AS. Don't worry about telling people you don't know or are doing transactions with. It isn't worth the grief for the small amount AS charges. If you're a serious sniper, you are going to lose sometimes but when you win, you'll feel good enough to forget.

<-M->

I've forgotton more than I can remember. <Forest Gump>