Skip to main content

Reply to "Narrowly avoided disaster last night"

Not only PayPal spoofs comming in, but a few weeks I started receiving E-Bay spoofs. If any e-mails ever asks you for your ID or password information, never -- never, fill in info. Send to your ISP carrier and to PayPal or E-Bay. The ones involving E-Bay is because they know that most people use the same password for both. If you fill in the E-bay changing policy e-mail then they will use the password to try and access PayPal. Oh, obvously never give them your charge card and banking information. As faras how they are getting your e-mail address, is I found that (I am also a buyer) when you click on an auction item to view at E-Bay, and you hear your computer crunching, famoose! Spyware is being installed on your computer!!! I very, very seldom go anywhere but AOL search to find info on their web. So, I know that that is how this is happening. Aol has free spyware you can install. There was 170 items that were deleted!!! Ending each day, I run spyware and delete their stuff from my system, and on those days -- I had not been anywhere or opened any e-mails -- but just on E-bay buying and selling!!!

YIKES

Susan