Skip to main content

Reply to "My Favorite eBay Tip"

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
One of my boy's in Indiana bought a place in the country with several big greenhouses. They grow herbs and sell to supermarkets. Lot and lots of work, but his wife is really into it.

Mine seems to grow bugs and slugs Wink I have a rosemary 'hedge' along one side of my house. When I looked at the planting instructions, it said rosemary likes sunny, well drained locations (the area I planted in gets morning sun only and in Seattle, is far from 'well drained'). Needless to say, the rosemary is now about 6 feet tall and the same wide! I calculate it's worth several thousands of dollars if I package it into tiny bags and sell it like the grocery stores do Smile And it's even organic!

MGI- unless you heat/cool your greenhouse it really isn't that much trouble. I use mine to start plants for the yard. Seeds are so much cheaper and fun to grow! If you get one, believe the people that say, 'Get the biggest one you can afford'. Mine's 8x15 and feels cramped! Also, refuse to help the delivery people haul it around - that's how I ruptured the disc in my back Frown

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'