Skip to main content

Reply to "My account suspended by eBay for using Auction Sniper!!"

I personally don't think ebay has any right to regulate how a person places a bid. It could be a legal issue if it were pursued. If they can say you can't use snipes, then what about the speed of your connection or your computer in general. There is no way to make all bidders "even". Heh, are they going to say you can't stay up after midnight to place a last minute snipe because that's not fair to the guy across the country who's at work or sleeping? And like someone said earlier, they are getting their cut, so basically they should just shut up about how or when the bid is placed. Ebay sometimes reminds me of the TY company when I had my gift shop and was selling beanie babies. The started telling us what we could buy,how many of each and how much we HAD to buy to get any at all. They would make us buy the ones we didn't want to get the ones we did. And then they actually came into the store and told us we had to put them in the first 10 feet of the door or we couldn't sell them at all!! As you can imagine, alot of shop owners told them were they could put their beanies! (maybe that's where all the brown dogs came from! Eek LOL ) I know from my sales experience over the summer that ebay and paypal (still ebay of course) took a good 25% of my sales by the time I added up all the fees. That's too much. Ebay needs a good competitor to make them back off the "too big for thier britches - greedies". They don't always refund the listing fee if it sells the second time either. But when you have hundreds and hundreds of listings who's really got the time to sit and sort out all the fees/ refunds and argue with ebay about it.They don't answer half the time anyway.
I'm glad you got back on senator30e, good for you for sticking up for yourself!