Skip to main content

Reply to "my 6 second advance "snipes" are sitting ducks"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
or every couple of years or so getting on the forum and rehashing this.
Kildes,
If this is what you decided to do, be sure to put a reminder in your calendar for sometime in May 2011.

Rick I think that you quoted yourself there. Looking at all of my snipes over the last month, auctionsniper consistently places the bid at exactly 6 seconds when I have a 3 second lead time. whether day or night, and regardless of the level of ebay traffic or response time. Appears to be a hard coded 3" buffer, not any sort of automated determination. Regardless, the 3 second bids are placed at 6 seconds regardless of other variables. About an industry standard, I agree that there is none. However, you can go to any other snipe service and use your initial free snipes, and you'll see your bid placed within 1 second of your specified snipe time. Not an industry standard. just a fact. Instead of promoting itself as capable of delivering 3 second snipes (which would require an automated determination of the required buffer time prior to each bid), and instead of allowing users to enter a snipe time of 3, AS should just be upfront with users and state that the minimum snipe time is 6 seconds, and should prohibit users from entering anything less than that in the snipe time field. At the present time, that's just wishful thinking.