Skip to main content

Reply to "my 6 second advance "snipes" are sitting ducks"

back in 1998 I had one computer refreshing every second and sniped manually in the last one to 2 seconds on a second computer. I would not have a chance to change my bid to outbid someone unless there were at least 3-4 seconds lead time. It was easy, and fun, and nobady could reference my bid to outbid me. they could outbid me of cours, but not after seeing my bid. that's all that mattered to me. I knew that max that I would pay and I wanted to bid that amount, but not early enough to encite a counterbid.

For the last several years, auctionsniper has consistently placed bids at 3 seconds as requested. Now, auctionsniper places bids at 6 seconds, which is among the longest snipe times in the industry.

if auctionsniper's system is doing this as the result of monitoring ebay response times, then auctionsniper's system is clearly misjudging the response times, and badly so. if the purpose of the system is to measure response times, then the adjusted lead time should compensate for the lag time, but no more than necessary, which would result in consistent 3 second snipes. That is not happening. Something is wrong.