Skip to main content

Reply to "Missed Snipe!"

I have been just fat, dumb and happy for a long time with my snipes. I have always used 15 seconds, bid my highest price and I have never had a problem. (And usually I win them!)

I respect you all. My experience is less. But, eBay was not running slow for me - Snipe was. I could not even get the Snipe to post without a problem. Never had had this happen before!

So, in my very limited experience my problem was not ebay. Also, Snipe report did not say that my bid went in late. Just said I didn't get it. Second reason I believe it was Snipe.

BUT! The lesson is a good one. I will now do manual bids when I think there is slow response. Or, I will bid with longer lead time and just not worry about it.

As I said earlier, I have 500+ Snipes and never a problem. I think that is pretty good 1 out of 500+, huh?

Just wish I had known before that it is not infallible!

Snipes have saved me tons of money. And, I very seldom lost one: Because I put in my highest price.

Thanks for all of your comments. I have never been in chat room before. You were so helpful. I no longer see the site as just a computer program!

Thanks again! Wink

Linda Hall