Skip to main content

Reply to "MINIMUM LEAD TIME"

Sorry I've not attended to this forum for a few days - and then there has been the bombings, but on a happier note I think the G8 has been a success [limited] and I'm glad we won the Olympic bid [I live in NE London very close to where most of the facilities have/will be built and staged].

As I said I won't engage in more nationalistic banter. Just to answer Jabbergah:

There is no "thin veneer of politeness" I am polite, I was well brought up and educated.

Hardly a tirade, just answering points and inaccuracies thrust on this forum by others. It seems to have an opinion other than the gun toting, flag waving, apple pie brand of patriotism is very much frowned upon.

I don't hate the USA at all, I have an American ex girlfriend [we're still close]. I have spent quite a bit of time both in Florida and California, I have met many warm sincere intelligent people - but also lots of idiot Redneck McCarthyites who are too blinkered to look beyond their own backyard, have never traveled and have no knowledge or understanding of the rest of the world. [Much like Bush really]. Must be all the puritans and criminals we sent over Smile Like everywhere there is good and bad.

By the way, a "lighthouse" is an illuminated maritime warning beacon. I'm not too sure about a "litehouse", I presume that's some kind of minimised house - probably what we would call a bungalow, or is it a beer like Bud lite?. It's exactly this kind of inaccurate lazy erroneous spelling that aberates meaning and destroys a language, just the point I was attempting to make before the hecklers crept in. Still I'm sure Bill Gates [the rouber baroun - now that was funny!] spells it that way.

I think it would be an excellent idea to have an opt out of the default lead time setting, perhaps a few mails to support advocating that choice would promote the idea. Regards to all Dave [dd101]

Jingoism (Appeal to Patriotism):

The argument attempts to persuade by calling on ones community spirit, specifically on ones love of country. Alternatively, the argument may attempt to refute a position by calling it treasonous or unpatriotic.