Skip to main content

Reply to "MINIMUM LEAD TIME"

Hiya dd101,
This is a strange forum...at times...well most of the time.

Humour on this forum can be a hard nut to crack and alot of the time there is no such thing as *light hearted*.

I (an Aussie) didnt take offense to your comments, but we tend to follow the Queen's English with an Aussie twist...so I get the frustration with default settings (I hate having s's replaced with z's all the time Wink )

I am sorry your first experience with AS's forum was unpleasant, hope you dont let it drive you off.

Oh - and I had a chuckle at your *Lighthouse* story. Razz

Back to your OP.....

We have seen many threads/comments regarding the override of AS's leadtime adjustment (padding as Rick calls it)..I for one have supported the suggestion, but then again....We dont have the traffic of ebay US either.

I think a check box allowing an override is a great idea, with the default setting letting AS adjustment lead times were it sees fit.

I guess AS is kind of looking after its hip pocket, if you dont allow it to adjust your lead time, AS may potentially lose income because of lost snipes (Not In Time) but is still using resources to place your snipe.

I would like to see an *Advanced Settings* in AS, but then I would also LOVE to see Contingency or Reverse Bid Groups Big Grin