Skip to main content

Reply to "MINIMUM LEAD TIME"

quote:
I have suggested a way that AS users can select the snipe time - why does nobody reply to that?
Because you’re right. AS doesn’t allow less than a 3 second lead-time (recent change). For me, that isn't, nor would it have ever been, a problem. Fair to say, that that’s also the case for all the regulars on this forum, or they wouldn’t be regulars. (we’re somewhat bias).

There have been others that feel they must be able to use very low lead-times and that AS not pad these lead times during peak periods. AS has decided that 1 and 2 second lead times can’t be used and they pad lead times because they feel that more users would rather have their snipe placed early, then not at all. I go along with that thinking, but then, I’m a regular.

There have been suggestions to provide users with an option to control whether to pad or not, but AS feels that for new users, that would be too confusing.

quote:
To quote from Auction Snipers own advertising: Place your bid exactly when you want … seconds before the auction closes! the only thing is you can't because you are nannied to a minimum time by the system.
It’s worse than that. Look at the text with the AS logo at the top of the forum page. I’ve already suggested AS change that, but maybe that’s some special copyrighted thing.

I think AS is a great service. They have 4+ dedicated sniping-servers placing redundant snipes to better guarantee that the snipe gets placed. They are close to ebay to minimize problems. But, they might not be right for you.