Skip to main content

Reply to "MINIMUM LEAD TIME"

Many thanks for the link - I have read the whole thread thoroughly. I would tend to agree with Steve that users should be able to set whatever lead time they like, certainly the pop up saying 2-120 secs is now misinformation. I bid in a very competitive field [laptops] and feel that to keep up with the competition I have to be able to snipe in the same time frame even at the risk of loosing the odd auction through bids not being placed on time. AS policy is of course commercially driven and designed to cosset new inexperienced users. This does not suit me nor from what I have read many other users - perhaps it would be better to keep the default at 7 seconds but allow users to over ride this to their own choice by double affirmation [saying yes to the change twice] and then employ one of those charming pop ups to inform the user that the default has been over ridden. If I can't personalise my snipe lead time, I will have to find out what sniping service my competitors are using and join them. Regards..............