Skip to main content

Reply to "Memorial Day"

I am glad you started this thread Serenity. Had I not been out of town I would have started it myself. This was the first Memorial Day Service I missed in many years.

I would like to express my appreciation for our nation's veterans.

The very least we can do is take a moment of our time and reflect on the many freedoms made possible by these incredible men and women. As Americans, we owe these individual everything. Because each of them made sacrifices (which included their time, their health, their sanity, or even their lives), we are able to enjoy many freedoms that other countries will never possess. Every Sunday when we go to church, we should thank a vet for our freedom of religion. Every morning when we read the paper, we should thank a vet for our freedom of speech. And every time we see the American flag, we should stand tall and be appreciative to be an American. Our Veterans risked their lives so that generations to come could enjoy a better, stronger version of the America they loved. The least we can do is appreciate and applaud them for their courage.

Jake